Sunday, April 1

adpated tortilla soup

3 bell peppers (red, yellow, and green), sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
1 bundle of cilantro
1 tomato, diced
1/2 avocado, sliced
2 teaspoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
2 pieces of bay leaf
5-6 tablespoons of mild salsa
1 box of chicken stock
1/2 lime, and

-a handful of sprouted black-eye peas
-tortilla chips
-1/4 pound minced pork; add salt and pepper when browning

I first brown the pork and the onion together. Then I put everything in except the lime and tortilla chips. Bring the soup to a boil and keep it simmering for 30 mintues. Add the lime juice and chips at the end. Because I love "brothy" soup rather than thick, creamy ones, this recipe lends on the "brothy" side.

The sprouted black-eyed pea is an excellent, spur of the moment addition. It brings a crisp and fresh sweetness to the soup. And sprouted legume is supposed to be even better for our health.