Thursday, April 12

Bargain Wedding resources LA

Matt's coworker is getting married and he asked me to share with her my bargain tips. I figure I might as well share it here.

Wedding dress/Bridedmaid dress
-If you love a very simple style, nordstrom and jcrew both have some wonderful gowns for under $400.

-Another place I like is THE WEDDING OUTLET, MONTEBELLO, CA 90640 (323) 722-6779. EdenBridals.com. They have good price and most importantly good service.

-On Santee street in downtown LA, near 8th/9th street, there is a whole strip of shops that sell party dresses. And often on the second floor sells bridal gown. Because they are bargain shops, it may take you a long time to dig through the crap. But when you found one, it's worth it.

-There are also stores nearby that sell veil, and various hair accessories at about half of the price of regular store.


Other good stuff:

-I don't know if you are using a florist or not. I did my own and my
friends'. Downtown flower district is a good source.

-Moskatels ( 733 San Julian Street, downtown LA) is a craft store like
Michaels. They have a lot of cheap but good vases, ribbons, party
favor bags, invitation cards, etc.

-Speaking of vases, ikea has unbeatable prices on some smaller vases,
candles, and candle holders.

-Fabric district in downtown LA (9th street and maple street): I used
tons of fabric for decorations (table and hall decorations), very good
prices there.